Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Call Me Princess, BUT...



Lately I realize more and more that people, somehow, think I am a kind of princess... and by that I mean one of those girls in love with everything that's pink, afraid of getting dirty, with 'peace in the world' as their biggest dream, believing in something that is very similar to the perfect fairy-tale in no-matter-what we are talking about.
Well, the news is that I'm not like that.
Although somehow I am a princess... YES! 
I like being called 'princess' or even 'queen', but what I mentioned above is probably the wrong reason for calling me these names.
Which are the right reasons then?
My 'princess' or 'queen' style is for me a mere ironic metaphor of a part of my personality, something that is connected to my ego probably, to that part of me that enjoys ruling in a fun way and having a little bit of power over things. In this case I am a queen, yes -and damn I enjoy giving speeches (LOL) and wave in a royal way (ask my friends how crazy is that).
The 'princess' you may meet in me is the one that doesn't enjoy so much travelling with train and buses, so if I can choose to have a lift from here to there, I won't say no. But hey, it is not that I can't or I am not able to catch a train, it's just that sometimes I prefer not, because I'm kind of shitty with timetables and platforms, and trains make me feel a bit nervous when I don't know if I will be on time or not. But hell yeah, I got no problems if I have to hop on it and go somewhere, because I'm not a princess and I don't have a chariot. And I don't even want a chariot. This is an example to say that I may have a princess-style when thinking about some comfort for my ass. I do enjoy seeking some comforts, and it's not because of a status or anything, but it's just that sometimes things are already hard and life, so why should I make it even harder if sometimes I can change that by choosing some comforts?
Maybe I do look like a princess for being sensitive and prone to emotions... but then my name would be Ms. Emotional probably... That's all of me as well.
I could give many other example of what people think about me and this topic, but that's enough!
On the other hand, if I want to, I know how to be a spartan and I like to get dirty from time to time, but just when conditions are the way I like it. I used to be actually quite of a tomboy as a kid and also as I teen, I somewhat changed around 18, (yeah, that's also when I started using some make-up haha).


But if you're talking about believing in fairy-tales... nope, that's not me. Sorry. Fairy-tales do not exist and I'm not a candy-flossed girl believing that everything looks perfect or pink. So I'm not a princess. I just try to make things right, I just try, as I said, to enjoy things without making them any harder than they would be, and I'm a girl who likes being a girl. So I have no problems showing my girly, womanly side just because I am a young woman, so even when I have to ride or bike, or climb, or run, or doing sports, still I will enjoy a tight shirt around my body, a nicely brushed ponytail or plait, and I will try not to wear weird colors. But this just means I'm a young woman, not a princess, remember that.

Beside all... sometimes I do like to be treated like a princess, just for the sake of it... I know when I'm playing the 'queen' with my crazy girls, and I really love for example when my lovely boyfriend says 'Buongiorno principessa', or just calls me that, can't deny that it melts me everytime and I feel happy! That's my guilty pleasure probably...
So yeah,  call me a princess, BUT remember why I really am a princess ;) ... or find your own reason to that, but forget about a princess in a pink perfect world ;)

Thanks for reading,
much love,
your 'princess' (hihihihihi)
Ros

No comments:

Post a Comment