Saturday, March 26, 2011

Week No. 12 - 2011




So folks,

Today's Saturday, the 26th of March, which means another week is going to an end.
This is week number 12 of t2011... (and wow I can't believe it's just 3 months since the New Year's Day) and for me this was an interesting week that I want to share with you.

My story will start from last Saturday (I perfectly know that is part of week 11), so there will be enough to tell; let's get it started.

Sat. 19th

I was supposed to have an English class in the morning, but I skipped it (shhhhh), I was toooooo tired and on a Saturday it's not that easy to get up and show up to a class. However, I knew I had something to do as well: going to a little village with my boyfriend to check out a second-hand Yamaha keyboard he wanted to buy. So after a nice wake up and a little breakfast, we checked the bus times, called up the guy who was selling the instrument and made an appointment. The bus was leaving from somewhere far on the other side of the city, so we took the bike to get there and then found the right bus. We sat and I noticed that it was the time for high-school kids to go back home, so I felt a little bit old compared to them, but I was also amused by their behaviour, even though it wad quite loud!
We left perfectly on time and after a few minute of our ride, I turned my head and noticed a big drawing representing Jim Morrison and its owner was next to it.
"Is that yours?" I asked
"It is" he replied
"Did you do it?"
"Yes"
"You're very good!"
"Thanks"
And we started talking. A 16-year-old boy, dark browned hair, with a Jim Morrison hairstyle, a little young beard, dressed in a big hoodie and jeans, slim, not too tall. His eyes were dark and filled up with witty looks.
I asked him which school he attended, even if I already knew the answer, and we started chatting about his life in art school. He wanted to show me his other drawings and he told me he loved Jim Morrison. That was clear to me, but when he started talking it was just clearer that Jim is a kind of inspiration to him and it's impressive that such a young boy knows so much about a music legend who lived decades before. The conversation went on and on and I was amazed by him. Just 16 and sooo full of himself, in a positive way though, so full of ideas, perfect plans for his future, dreams, and he was eager to achieve his goals. It's not easy to find such a younf boy who knows exactly what he wants. And still he doesn't care about what other people say about him. He doesn't follow others, he doesn't like to be part of a mass, he likes to just listen to himself (and Jim) and he's happy, perfectly happy with this life. So positive, such a great ego, and such a determined guy. Someone you defenitely want to meet. Intelligent, smart, honest.
Actually he put me in a good mood and he gave me somehow hope and he reminded me a little bit of myself at his age... it's always good to talk with someone who can understand you. And that's also what he told me in the end of our conversation. And I thought it's nice to see that there are still this type of people around, we can have a better hope for future, when this generation will take the world over.
However, we got off the bus, and I was quite smiling and excited to share the day with my Geertje and I couldn't wait to see the piano. We didn't have to wait that long! After a few minutes the guy showed up with his friend and took us to his house, where we saw the keyboard. I really liked the keyboard and I thought Geert was quite happy about it as well. Our visit lasted about 15 minutes, then this kind guy took us back to the centre of the village, to have a coffee together. I was happy to see that my boyfriend could speak a little bit about biking and bikers with the cafe owner and after a coffee and a little pastry, they sat together to watch a bike tour. Then we went for a little round of the village and we sat on a bench just talking and discussing about the keyboard and the deal. Time was flying, and as soon as I watched the time, we were on our way to catch again the bus to go back home.
Once back we went for a walk, some shopping, and then we went home for a nice evening together, just chilling and having some nice time together.
I love this kind of days, where you can do something nice, different from the same old routine, you can relax, enjoy your time and just feel good about everything.


Sun. 20th

Sunday. I like Sundays at home. It's always a good way to relax. But I also like to have Sundays with family. That tradition of a nice lunch, together, chatting, discussing about the past and the upcoming week, sharing some time after lunch... So I was really happy to go to my uncle and have a nice lunch and a good time with him and his family. So me and Geert visited them (a little bit later than planned, but perfectly on time for lunchtime) and I have to say that they welcomed us in a lovely, familiar way -and I love the way they treat my sweet bf, they're happy about him and I'm happy they like him- and I have to admit that our lunch was great! My aunt can really cook! Yummy!!!!! My uncle left after lunch to go and watch a soccer match with some friends, and so I thought we could have some time playing Nintendo Wii with the kids. That game is just bananas! LOL At times I feel silly, other times I feel like a kid, other times feels like I'm at a gym session LOL Anyway I had some fun with Geert and the kids, and those games are not as simple as Ithought hihihi. I had a good time watching Geert playing with my little cousin Nicolò, such a sweet thing!!!
However, around 5.30pm or so we left and went back home. I was feeling a little bit weird actually: sneezing, nose running, and something with my throat was not okay. Guess what? After having a nice tomato soup I discovered I had a cold! Which was not such a good sign... I thought though a good sleeping could fix me... it didn't!


Mon. 21st/Tue. 22nd/Wed. 23rd

...I woke up in the morning and I had fever. Ya-hoo.... a great beginning for a flu. I have to say that I thought I could just get up and go to classes in the afternoon, but things got worse! So I spent Monday actually in bed. I tried to work on some things, but with no great result.
My Geertje was very sweet in taking care of me since the first moment. I felt very bad and he was there to help me with everything I needed and he even snuggled me. He went ou shopping for me, cooked for me, gave me his PC to work, his guitar to play some music, he kept me company, he cuddled up with me and he was just the greatest nurse I could have!!!
We watched a couple of movies. We loved to watch "Commissario Montalbano" and then "Music & Lyrics" (which is really one of my fave ever) and "Johnny Stecchino", this funny Italian movie I can never get enough of!
I'm quite proud of myself because I've been able to play my very first song on the guitar, which was "What's Up?" by 4 Non-Blondes. A easy one, but a song that I like a lot and I wanted to learn as first one.
I could finally work again on my rnb-lovers.com site and I could work out the radio show in a easy, funny way.
I also took this time to work on some translations and to observe things from another point of view.
I even had the chance that I could make some "anthropological studies"... yes... I'm talking about Geert's flatmates... how terrible some guys can be. There are different type of young men, and I think I can divide them in 3 groups. We have the "I-Know-Better-Ones" - this category is the one including those guys who think or say they can do everything and then after all they can't take of the most simple things, but they're just sooo cocky and so full of themselves that they can only see what they do and they think they do it in a great way. Once you start to talk to them, you realise they can be either fragile and weak or just empty or hiding themselves behind superficiality pretending they're strong and happy; then we have the "I-Have-No-Direction-Ones" and this category is very easy to describe: they're just part of the mass, they do things and like things everybody do and like and they're basically kids, so they have no directions and others have to speak for them, stand up for them or even take care of them like they cannot really do anything smart on their own, but swearing, smoking, getting drunk, playing PlayStation; the last category is the "Down-On-Earth-People"... what can I say? Luckily there are still some young guys who can be just normal, nice, who know how to be a man and who just live their life without being annoying and being part of a category, because they just to whatever they feel like in a real natural, spontaneous, smart, wise way.
I don't want to sound any cocky by talking about these categories, but unfortunately I'm a girl and I like to watch people as they pass by and during these last few days I had he chance to see the difference between Geert and his flatmates, who are 3 guys that perfectly fit in the first two categories I listed. I do hope once they'll grow up and that they'll learn something more about life and mostly about respect for themselves and others, because lack of respect is really what makes them terrible! Nothing more... no judging.

On wednesday we had dinner with a lady, around 50, half French, half British, who came for dinner since she had just arrived in the city. She needed company, she needed to talk and she wanted to give something, I had that feeling, but she was in a little confusional state, so she couldn't really do what she wanted to. She had to work here, but the next day we discovered she had to leave again because they thought she was no good for the job. It was nice to have her over and I felt she needed just a familiar moment and we were there for her, trying to listen and chatting... but it was not an easy moment! However I was glad to cook for her and be able to meet her, even if for a short moment.


Thu. 24th

Finally I was feeling better and I thought it was a good idea to go out for a little walk, especially because I needed some fresh air to breath. So in the afternoon me and Geert went out for a little walk. The weather was lovely! Sunny, a fresh breeze, and it felt like the perfect moment to be outside, going through the historic centre of the city, taking a lovely good sweet ice-cream and then sit somewhere to enjoy some sun.
The walk was not that long, unfortunately I was feeling very weak and still a little bit sick.
On our way back home we stopped by a bike's shop and I enjoyed watching all those tools and stuff (and I realised they can be expensive!) and then me and Geert had little jokes in the street and he wanted to throw me in a garbage bin LOL how nice of him! We even stopped to a travel agency and got some info about going on a cruise... how nice that can be! Though it is very expensive, yes. Well, once I hope I can hop on it and go for a nice cruise somewhere! Hehehehe.


Fri. 25th

Getting back to normal life. Yesterday I got back to my hometown to visit the doctor. While I was in the bus I had a little moment of "bad thinking", as I like to call it.... which is not dangrous for others hehe... it's just a way of saying that I got a little bit negative. I was thinking bout university and my thesis and I realised I have no idea of what to do and time is going fast and I think I need to do something about it, but still I feel empty in my mind. What to do? I'll just have to try to focus as much as I can!
When I got back, I met my friend Steph and Geert and me and my girl helped Geert with the keyboard, that finally was brought to his house by that guy selling it! It was nice to have some jam session, just trying to sing and play together. And after that we had a moment of chatting, in front a nice hot cup of tea and a cake. I like talking with these folks and it's always good for me to have some good quality time with them.

In the evening we planned to go all together to a CouchSurfing meeting... wow, I thought we were going to be back home not too late... guess what?! We got back at 4am!!! But it was a nice evening after all. On a moment I was not really that good, I felt somehow sick and very tired, somehow annoyed and bores. Then Steph and I got to chat with Mark, Raf and some other foreign people and it was ok... It was not the greatest evening ever for me, don't ask why, but however I was glad with the evening and I had a few good laughs and when we got home I was very tired, but I was feeling.... hmm.... how can I say... well, just okay as in I had had an evening I couldn't really describe as bad or great, but just a fine night (I know this all doesn't make much sense LOL, just let me get my angst moment for once in a while hihihihi).
And I loved the way we slept actually... really sweet and special... tho they were just a few hours of nice sleeping!


Sat. 26th

So here we are... my week going to an end....

what can I say? It was a full yet empty week. I did much and I did nothing. One thing was clear... that I realised that I can enjoy much more life without university and this leads me to this kind of "I need to be done as soon as possible and I'm desperate I have to start again on Monday and still I have no ideas to work a thesis out".
Today I just tried to take it easy. I got back to my hometown and after lunch I tried to take some time for me, just watching TV. Then I went out to get done some things I needed to do and then I was mostly bored. LOL. Lazy yet bored, yes. That's always the case!

And so I decided to work, think, and write... write this long boring story you're reading now. Hehehehe.
And tomorrow's another day and the last day of this week 12. I can tell you it'll be another chilling lazy day before going back to a "full-activity-week" with the upcoming week 13. =)


So thanks for reading and let's hope that the next weekwe'll bring me new lessons to learn.


Love,
Mary
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment